Whether it is a series of tornadoes ripping the city apart in The Day After Tomorrow, or the threat of lava in Volcano, the city of Los Angeles rarely fares well when it comes to movies where cities are destroyed. Battle: Los Angeles is no exception, and in the trailer below, aliens decide to remodel Southern California through explosions.
The upcoming sci-fi action/disaster movie, also known internationally by the not quite as catchy title World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles, stars Aaron Eckhart as Marine Staff Sergeant Michael Nantz, who is forced to watch as Los Angeles becomes a battleground when aliens decide to colonize Earth. Eckhart and his platoon decide to take a stand, and the invasion becomes a war.
Directed by Jonathan Liebesman (The Killing Room, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning), the film also stars Michelle Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan, and Michael Peña. Look for it in 3D and IMAX on March 11, 2011.
- The best sci-fi movies on Netflix right now
- The 53 best shows on Amazon Prime right now
- What’s new on HBO and HBO Max and what’s leaving in October 2020
- The best new shows to stream on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and more
- The 50 best movies on Netflix right now