Whether it is a series of tornadoes ripping the city apart in The Day After Tomorrow, or the threat of lava in Volcano, the city of Los Angeles rarely fares well when it comes to movies where cities are destroyed. Battle: Los Angeles is no exception, and in the trailer below, aliens decide to remodel Southern California through explosions.
The upcoming sci-fi action/disaster movie, also known internationally by the not quite as catchy title World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles, stars Aaron Eckhart as Marine Staff Sergeant Michael Nantz, who is forced to watch as Los Angeles becomes a battleground when aliens decide to colonize Earth. Eckhart and his platoon decide to take a stand, and the invasion becomes a war.
Directed by Jonathan Liebesman (The Killing Room, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning), the film also stars Michelle Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan, and Michael Peña. Look for it in 3D and IMAX on March 11, 2011.
- ‘Alien Zoo’ takes you on a virtual journey through an extraterrestrial world
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Deadpool 2,’ ‘Hotel Artemis,’ and more
- Steven Spielberg promises to never digitally alter one of his movies again
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’