If you haven’t already seen the sci-fi thriller Ex Machina, do yourself a favor and clear out a couple hours in your weekend schedule to go hit the movie theater. It opens up at theaters across the country today, and it’s not getting rave reviews for nothin’.
To gear up for the release, we got writer and director Alex Garland (Dredd, 28 Days Later) to hop on the phone and answer a few questions about the movie, artificial intelligence, and why he thinks Google is going to take over the world. Check it out — we made sure to keep the interview spoiler-free, so you’ve got nothing to worry about.
- The 99 best movies on Hulu right now
- From ‘Avengers’ to ‘Paddington’: These are our favorite movies of 2018
- 'Ex Machina' director sends Natalie Portman into Area X in first 'Annihilation' trailer
- Watch an eerie, IBM Watson-made trailer for a film about the dangers of AI
- How Ex Machina built a better, beautiful, and utterly believable android