If you haven’t already seen the sci-fi thriller Ex Machina, do yourself a favor and clear out a couple hours in your weekend schedule to go hit the movie theater. It opens up at theaters across the country today, and it’s not getting rave reviews for nothin’.
To gear up for the release, we got writer and director Alex Garland (Dredd, 28 Days Later) to hop on the phone and answer a few questions about the movie, artificial intelligence, and why he thinks Google is going to take over the world. Check it out — we made sure to keep the interview spoiler-free, so you’ve got nothing to worry about.
- IMAX with laser will bring a major visual upgrade to theaters starting this year
- Google nixes the ‘view image’ button on photo searches after settlement with Getty
- Netflix may buy movie theaters in hopes of scoring some Academy Awards
- Google’s new search feature makes picking the perfect movie simple
- Despite previous claims, MoviePass CEO says the company isn’t tracking users