Secrecy has long surrounded Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming horror fantasy Crimson Peak, but now we have a better idea what to expect from the film, thanks to the very first trailer for the mysterious project.
Co-written and directed by Del Toro, the film stars Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland), Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty), Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers), and Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy).
The plot of Crimson Peak is said to follow a young author (Wasikowska) who is torn between her new husband (Hiddleston) and the love of her childhood friend (Hunnam). When she’s brought to live at her husband’s ancestral home, she discovers that the crumbling mansion is filled with the sort of secrets that can never be forgotten.
Said to be a gothic horror that combines elements of traditional haunted-house and mystery movies with the sort of visually stunning set pieces and creative vision that have made Del Toro one of Hollywood’s most celebrated filmmakers, Crimson Peak was penned by Del Toro just after he finished work on the Oscar-winning film Pan’s Labyrinth back in 2006.
The film is scheduled to arrive in both traditional and IMAX theaters October 16 (right in time for Halloween).
- MuscleSound uses ultrasound to help athletes perform at their peak
- ‘The Shape of Water’ review
- Despite its considerable girth, the Bentley Bentayga will go racing
- Best new songs to stream: Benjamin Booker, King Krule, Ty Segall, and more
- Bitcoin market cap has already dropped more than $80 billion in 2018