There’s a lot that you can take from the latest trailer for Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy, which offers up a two-and-a-half-minute look at the August 1 sci-fi/comedy blockbuster, but really, there’s just one thing that truly matters. Groot. He speaks. He just says “I am Groot!” — really, all he ever says is “I am Groot!” — but that’s enough to bring joy to the coldest of fanfolk hearts. Especially when it’s delivered in Vin Diesel’s dulcet tones.
The light-hearted Guardians represents a big tonal shift away from the more serious Marvel films that precede it. “Serious” is a relative term here; where previous Marvel efforts feel like action flicks with a strong attachment to their funnybones, what we’ve seen of this one feels more like a comedy with some sci-fi action wrapped around it. That might seem like a minor distinction, but the trailer suggests much more of a summer comedy vibe than we’ve seen previously from this studio.
Looks like fun. We’ll find out when Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters on August 1.
- 7 of the coolest custom Xbox One systems Microsoft has made
- Buying furniture online is a gamble. The Mine wants to use AR to improve the experience
- How Kia went from peddling econoboxes to challenging BMW
- Apple Car rumor roundup: What you need to know about Project Titan
- The way you listen to music is in jeopardy. Here’s how Pandora plans to survive