Attendees at 2014’s Comic Con International in San Diego got their first look at Homeland star Rupert Friend as the bald, genetically enhanced assassin at the center of the upcoming movie, Hitman: Agent 47. Co-stars Zachary Quinto and Hannah Ware were on hand to debut new footage from the video game adaptation, sans Friend, who is currently shooting the next season of Homeland.
Fans at home don’t get to see the footage, but we do get a pair of stills from the movie as a consolation prize. Both offer a closer look a friend’s bald assassin and the trademark Silverballer pistols he uses.
Hitman: Absolution is the most recent console/PC game in the long-running series from IO Interactive, though the more recent mobile game Hitman GO delivered a uniquely puzzle-oriented take on the stealth-action series. Publisher Square Enix also has a Hitman: Sniper game coming soon to mobile platforms.
Agent 47 isn’t the first attempt that’s been made at an adaptation of the chrome-domed assassin’s antics. Timothy Olyphant previously starred in a 2007 take, titled Hitman.
- The best movies on Netflix right now (April 2018)
- Everything we know about Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ movie
- These best iPad Pro games will take full advantage of your big-screen tablet
- The 20 best PS4 games you can buy right now
- Everything we know so far about the new ‘Terminator’ trilogy