The cast of The Dark Knight Rises is starting to fill out. A couple weeks ago, we learned that Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman and Tom Hardy will play Bane. Today, Deadline is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join the cast as well. It is unknown what role Gordon-Levitt will play, but it won’t be his first time working with Director Christopher Nolan. The actor also starred in the director’s hit film Inception, which recently hit DVD.
According to the report, Nolan plans to start production this spring. The most obvious choice seems to be a villain like the Riddler, but Nolan has already denied the possibility that the Riddler will return, in any form, in The Dark Knight Rises. It’s possible that Gordon-Levitt will simply play a supportive role.
Gordon-Levitt is best known for his roles on 3rd Rock from the Sun, 500 Days of Summer, 10 Things I Hate About You, Inception, and GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. He’s been quite busy lately with three films in production–Looper, Premium Rush, and Live with It–but should be free around the time filming begins.
What role in the Batman universe would Joseph Gordon-Levitt be a good match to play?
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly in talks to play the Joker in stand-alone film
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- 2018 Oscar predictions: Who’s going to win, who should win, and who got snubbed
- Everything we know about Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ movie