Details are scant about Sony’s planned The Last of Us movie adaptation, but a few tidbits slipped out of the Screen Gems panel at 2014’s Comic Con International in San Diego, per a live blog of the event from Coming Soon. Neil Druckmann, writer and director of the game, appeared on the Hall H stage with Spider-Man and Evil Dead director Sam Raimi, who is now confirmed as the coming adaptation’s producer.
The two spoke a little on their plans for the film and then fielded questions from the audience. Among the more juicy tidbits to emerge from the brief session is the news that Maisie Williams — none other than Game of Thrones‘ Arya Stark — has had talks about playing the female lead, Ellie. Druckmann and Raimi have apparently spoken to other potential actors for stars Ellie and Joel.
The panel also confirmed that the choice of director on the adaptation falls to Druckmann. Beyond that, the two discussed their process of working with Sony so far to whittle a 15-hour game down into a two-hour feature. Check out the rest in CS’s recap.
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- OLED is dead on the laptop at CES 2018, but there’s still hope
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- Spy Ace EC electronic ski goggles change tints with the tap of a button