The new animated film Rio has dropped a new trailer on the Super Bowl (it’s supposed to be good luck). Developed by 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios, the people behind the Ice Age franchise, as well as Robots and Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who! is back with Rio, the story of two birds finding adventure and love in Rio de Janeiro.
Blu (voiced by Jesse Eisenberg) is a timid and socially awkward member of the rare blue macaw family who is taken down to Rio in order to mate with Jewel (voiced by Anne Hathaway). The two do not hit it off, and Jewel is forced to help the flightless Blu along the way after the two escape into Rio. Hijinks ensue.
The film also stars the voice talents of George Lopez, Neil Patrick Harris, Leslie Mann, Jamie Fox, Tracy Morgan and more. Look for it in 3D on April 15.
- Movies Anywhere expands its reach with the addition of FandangoNow
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- Cutting the cord? Let us help you find the best service for live-streaming TV
- Amazon is selling Star Wars and Marvel DVDs — but only to Prime members
- Donald Glover uses ‘Deadpool’ script to question animated series’ cancellation