Wearables company Garmin hosts the platform of choice for many fitness enthusiasts, Garmin Connect. But the service went down in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Garmin was the target of a ransomware attack in July that left a number of its services down for several days including Garmin Connect. Now, Garmin Connect’s status page indicates that services are down again across the board, including Garmin Drive, Garmin Express, and features like Strava, Workouts, Garmin Coach, and the Dashboard.
— Damon Toal-Rossi (@orbiteleven) August 30, 2020
Garmin down again. Any more of this and I'm switching to Polar pic.twitter.com/ZVp9oKYRJf
— Nick Cohen (@NickCohen4) August 30, 2020
A Garmin spokesperson confirmed to Digital Trends that the company was one of several that experienced issues likely related to the CenturyLink outage. All services have now been restored.
Update August 31: Added information from Garmin spokesperson.
- The best Garmin watches of 2021
- How to check if a website is down
- Watch SpaceX launch and land same Falcon 9 booster for record seventh time
- YouTube is back after global service outage
- Mars will receive a new visitor in 100 days’ time