Check out our review of the Nikon 1 AW1 digital camera.
The Nikon 1 AW1 compact system camera (CSC) is billed as the “world’s first waterproof, shockproof interchangeable lens camera.” The AW1 will go on sale in October as a one- ($800) or two-lens ($1,000) kit (the lenses are also rugged), available in black, silver, or white.
The AW1 is waterproof down to 49 feet, can be dropped from 6.6 feet, and can withstand freezing temperatures down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit. Every part of the camera is completely sealed, including the area around the flash.
Features and specs include a 14.2-megapixel CX-format CMOS sensor, EXPEED 3A image processor, hybrid autofocus system with a 73-point AF array to lock onto moving objects, ISO range of 160 to 6,400, continuous shooting up to 15 frames per second (60fps is focus is locked), and Full HD 1080 video recording up to 60i and 30p (plus, two slo-mo modes at 400fps and 1200fps).
Click here to read more about Nikon’s new rugged camera.
- The best digital cameras for 2020
- Nikon D780 vs Canon EOS 6D Mark II: The battle of budget full-frame DSLRs
- The best travel cameras of 2020
- The best Sigma lenses offer affordable quality for DSLRs or mirrorless cameras
- The best video cameras of 2020