Thankfully, it’s not that difficult to pick up on. So long as you understand a few of the basics, you shouldn’t have much trouble getting your photos to look how you want in a minimal amount of time.
To help break down the basics of editing a photo in Lightroom, Marc Silber of Advancing Your Photography has created a convenient video that walks through just a few rudimentary alterations.
The workflow Silber uses is similar to mine. Within the Develop module of Lightroom, Silber explains how he works his way from the top, all the way down to the bottom of the module, making sure to edit his photos one step at a time.
Following such a workflow helps because Adobe has specifically arranged the editing options in an order that helps you establish the bigger changes in the images before diving into the more detailed ones. This prevents those smaller changes to the photo from appearing bad due to not having a clean image to work with in the first place.
From exposure adjustments to custom alignment, Silber makes use of all six minutes to squeeze as much information in there as possible. There are plenty of nuances to learn when editing photos, but this guide will help to get you off on the right foot so you can get those photos edited and get back out to shoot more.
- The best note-taking apps for iOS and Android
- Alder Lake CPUs: Everything we know about Intel’s upcoming 12th-gen hybrid chips
- DJI Action 2 review: Reinventing the action camera
- The best Android phones 2021: Which should you buy on Black Friday?
- Adobe’s new Photoshop and Illustrator features make the iPad a real photo editor