Popular cloud storage service Dropbox has recently released a new application called Carousel, which can be used to organize your entire photo and video library with a swipe of your finger. Carousel is available on both iOS and Android platforms for free via the Carousel website.
Carousel takes your media files from a linked Dropbox account and arranges them by time, date, and the particular event where the file was first created. Anytime you take a new photo or video with your smartphone or tablet, it is instantly uploaded and backed up to the cloud without taking up any of your device’s precious internal memory. Your files can be accessed from any of your devices through Dropbox.
According to Dropbox, Carousel users have various sharing options that include the capability to converse with people you’ve chosen to share files with. This new app offers users a whole new outlook on the classic Dropbox app; viewing media files via Carousel is much faster and simpler. You can easily navigate to the beginning, middle, or end of your photo stream with a slider located conveniently at the bottom of the screen.
- How to transfer your photos from an Android phone to a PC
- Tight on space? Here’s how to transfer photos from an iPhone to a computer
- Dropbox adds time-stamped comments for video and audio file collaboration
- Dropbox is now limiting users of free version to only three devices
- Facebook is shutting down its Moments photo app because nobody knew it existed