Popular cloud storage service Dropbox has recently released a new application called Carousel, which can be used to organize your entire photo and video library with a swipe of your finger. Carousel is available on both iOS and Android platforms for free via the Carousel website.
Carousel takes your media files from a linked Dropbox account and arranges them by time, date, and the particular event where the file was first created. Anytime you take a new photo or video with your smartphone or tablet, it is instantly uploaded and backed up to the cloud without taking up any of your device’s precious internal memory. Your files can be accessed from any of your devices through Dropbox.
According to Dropbox, Carousel users have various sharing options that include the capability to converse with people you’ve chosen to share files with. This new app offers users a whole new outlook on the classic Dropbox app; viewing media files via Carousel is much faster and simpler. You can easily navigate to the beginning, middle, or end of your photo stream with a slider located conveniently at the bottom of the screen.
- The Joy digital photo album adds voice narration to your high-def images
- Photo editor VSCO gives users a chat option for creative conversations
- Learn how to use AirDrop on an iPhone or iPad
- Try three new photo apps as part of Google’s ‘appsperiments’ project
- Photo FOMO: Cheap 8K cameras, shooting at 3B miles, and a 15-hour action cam