PORTLAND, Oregon– December 10, 2018 — Digital Trends, the world’s largest independently owned tech publisher, has made its picks for Best Products of the Year. Each December, Digital Trends staff reviews the year in tech and looks for standout products that deliver both technical advancement and improved consumer experience.
“Strong progress this year in Internet of Things [IoT] and amplified competition in phones and laptops gave us a lot to review,” said Nick Mokey, managing editor of Digital Trends. “We decided to forgo a ‘Best Overall’ winner to focus instead on the products that impressed us, that broke new ground, and that made our lives better.”
Tech products with a 2018 release date were exhaustively vetted and tested by the tech junkies on Digital Trends’ editorial staff. “We’re weren’t really looking for bargains,” explains Mokey, “although some editors did choose items that brought top-notch features down to an unprecedented price. We also weren’t looking much at popularity, since our editors are essentially making personal picks based on what they reviewed.”
Winners were handpicked DT staff for the following 20 categories:
- Best Phone: Google Pixel 3
- Best Laptop: Dell XPS 13
- Best TV: LG C8
- Best Car: Jaguar I-Pace
- Best Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM3
- Best Smart Home Device: Amazon Echo Dot
- Best Game: Red Dead Redemption 2
- Best Camera: Nikon Z Series
- Best Drone: DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- Best Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 4
- Best Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch
- Best Media Streamer: Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Best Fitness Tracker: Fitbit Charge 3
- Best Home Security: Nest Hello Video Doorbell
- Best Appliance: Hestan Cue
- Best Speakers: Riva Concert
- Best 3D Printer: Anycubic Photon
- Best Movie: First Man
- Best TV Show: The Haunting of Hill House
- Best Album: Saba – Care For Me
For more details, please see https://www.digitaltrends.com/awards/best-products-2018/
About Digital Trends
Digital Trends is a leading consumer technology publisher helping people navigate an increasingly digital world. With easy-to-understand product reviews, entertaining news, and videos, Digital Trends serves more than 30 million unique visitors each month. Digital Trends reaches 100 million tech influencers through its own media network, and its syndicate partners include Yahoo!, Oath, Flipboard, Cheddar, Amazon, Fox News and more than 200 broadcast news stations. Digital Trends is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Detroit, Toronto, and Chicago. For more information, visit www.digitaltrends.com.
SOURCE Digital Trends
- The best TV brands of 2021: Which should you buy on Black Friday?
- The best Android phones 2021: Which should you buy on Black Friday?
- The best anime on Hulu right now
- Best cheap Sonos deals for October 2021
- Best cheap MacBook deals and sales for October 2021