Alphabet’s Google gets hit with a $6.8 million fine for violating Russia’s anti trust laws. Jeremy Kaplan, Editor in Chief of Digital Trend, talks to Morgan Brennan From CNBC Tech Bet regarding Google and the ecosystem of apps on Google phones that is being questioned.
The general concern is that with Google’s long list of apps on their phones it makes it hard for local competitors to compete. Why would you look for something else when it already exists on your phone? In China they faced a similar situation and pulled their apps allowing local developers to create and succeed instead of only seeing American companies dominate the market.
Google’s decision on policy moving forward will be very telling. If they change their policies they will find themselves not competing in two of the largest markets.
- Apple has a bunch of new products coming, but not this year
- This new Windows 11 feature will help you protect your passwords
- This Microsoft Teams exploit could leave your account vulnerable
- Logitech’s new webcams are an alternative to Apple Desk View
- Chrome just added a great new way to protect your passwords