The National Security Agency gets a lot of flack for, you know, violating the entire world’s right to privacy and whatnot. But after seeing the codenames the NSA gives its spyware and other snooping tech, we’re starting to wonder if we’re thinking of these guys all wrong. They’re not clandestine cyberspies who seek to infiltrate every nook and cranny of the digital world – they’re just misunderstood comedians! Seriously, whoever thought “BANANAGLEE” was a good name for anything this side of a Lemon Party has a fantastic sense of humor.
Here we’ve collected the best of the NSA’s jokenames. For a more serious take on what all this spy jargon means, see here and here. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the wit of our nation’s sleeper comedians.
[Lead image via Hung Chung Chih/Shutterstock]
- Ultra private email provider Lavabit is back online
- Edward Snowden to discuss Donald Trump's potential impact on privacy issues
- Hackers demand a $600M ‘reward’ to spill more secret NSA docs
- NSA whistleblower Snowden, CNN’s Zakaria face off over encryption
- The NSA gets exposed in first trailer for Oliver Stone’s Snowden