The National Security Agency gets a lot of flack for, you know, violating the entire world’s right to privacy and whatnot. But after seeing the codenames the NSA gives its spyware and other snooping tech, we’re starting to wonder if we’re thinking of these guys all wrong. They’re not clandestine cyberspies who seek to infiltrate every nook and cranny of the digital world – they’re just misunderstood comedians! Seriously, whoever thought “BANANAGLEE” was a good name for anything this side of a Lemon Party has a fantastic sense of humor.
Here we’ve collected the best of the NSA’s jokenames. For a more serious take on what all this spy jargon means, see here and here. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the wit of our nation’s sleeper comedians.
[Lead image via Hung Chung Chih/Shutterstock]
- This tech gear proved popular during Black Friday 2021
- JPEG vs. PNG: When and why to use one format over the other
- Genius uses 19th-century tech to prove Google copied its song lyrics
- NSA warns about Windows exploit, ignores its own role in creation of malware
- Ransomware tool causing chaos in Baltimore was developed by the NSA