Mercedes-Benz hasn’t announced the roided-out AMG variant of its all-new flagship the S-Class just yet. But a video of the luxury performance sedan in the company’s Sindelfingen, Germany production facility has hit the web, which was originally posted on the Czech website Auto Forum.
Intriguingly, the new S63 AMG doesn’t look as quite as wild as other AMG models. Yes, it does have slightly bigger air intakes in the front but it doesn’t look quite as menacing as others – take the SL63 AMG or the recently unveiled CLA45 AMG for example.
What will be under the hood? We’re likely to see an S63 AMG powered by the 550-horsepower twin-turbocharged 5.5-liter V8 that breaths life into the E63 AMG. Later on, we wouldn’t be surprised to see an S65 AMG powered by a twin-turbocharged 621-horsepower V12.
Both prodigious powerplants will send power to all four wheels through Mercedes’ seven-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT dual-clutch transmission.
Now that Mercedes has done away with the Maybach line, the S-Class has to fill the void and become a car fine enough for European royalty and powerful enough to outrun the supercars of a Saudi prince.
Mercedes should be releasing more information on the colossal S-Class AMG variants sometime in the summer. So check back for more.
- Mercedes-AMG charges into Panamera territory with a four-door GT fastback
- Geneva 2018: What we saw from Audi, BMW, Porsche, and more
- The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S will be priced in the U.S. at $106,950
- These are the 10 best Mercedes-Benz cars of all time
- These Mercedes-AMG wagons are the crossover cure you’ve been waiting for