The annual Goodwood Festival of Speed is like no other event on the automotive calendar. Held on the grounds of the Goodwood estate in West Sussex, England, it’s part car show, part hill climb. Everything from vintage race cars to the latest Formula One machines and production models turn up every year to run the course, giving fans an up-close look at some of the fastest cars in the world doing what they were meant to do.
That makes Goodwood a great place for manufacturers to unveil new cars. Those cars tend to be a bit more exotic than what you’ll see at the typical auto show, and they always prioritize performance. Here are some of the highlights from the 2016 Goodwood Festival.
- The best music festivals in America you can’t afford to miss
- Editor of Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary on what makes her a supreme icon
- How six new cars will set the course BMW’s design language will follow
- Director Mel Jones on why her Sundance debut, Leimert Park, will make cinematic history
- Sundance shines spotlight on Hollywood’s lack of female directors