The annual parade of hedonism that is the Gumball 3000 is set to hit Europe once again, meaning its roads are about to be doused in supercars and their exuberant owners.
In this company, a Lamborghini is common, meaning it can be a little difficult to stand out. Unless, that is, you have a replica of the “Tumbler,” the militaristic Batmobile from the Christopher Nolan films.
That was the plan for Team Galag, which planned to enter the Caped Crusader’s ride in this year’s Gumball. However, their car wasn’t built by someone with the exacting standards of Lucius Fox.
According to Jalopnik, the Tumbler can’t participate due to a preponderance of quality issues. Team Galag is alleging that the vehicle’s builder, Parker Brothers Concepts, acted unprofessionally.
Announced last year, the Tumbler replica was reportedly built using stills and clips of the three Nolan movies for reference, and features a 6.2-liter V8 that produces 400 horsepower. It looks like it won’t get to use that power anytime soon.
Still, the world will probably survive without Youtube clips of this comic-book behemoth tailgating Peugeots, although it would’ve been great to see the police try to pull the Tumbler over for speeding.
- Overwatch fans can finally pull the trigger on a McCree Nerf blaster
- The best GPS for your car
- Europe’s space agency plans to build its own “low-gravity” moon base — on Earth
- To capture nature’s insanity, this storm chaser built his own 16K camera rig
- Want to be the king of the world? Titanic II will set sail in 2022 — for real