The SS Sport Concept pays homage to Chevrolet’s racing heritage and the sport sedan’s Australian roots. Painted in a shade of red oddly christened Some Like It Red Hot, it gains contrasting black racing stripes, custom trim on the radiator grille and both bumpers as well as 20-inch gloss black alloy wheels with Holden center caps.
Chevrolet has not published any interior pictures but it promises the SS’ cockpit has been decked out with a sport pedal kit and plush floor mats that feature the Holden logo. Power is provided by an unmodified LS3 V8 engine that churns out 415 horsepower and 415 lb-ft. of torque, enough to send the SS from 0 to 60 mph in just five seconds.
As its name implies, the Impala Blacked Out concept adopts an aggressive, murdered-out look reminiscent of the full-size Impala SS sold in the 1990s. Chevrolet has painted the mirror caps, the rear spoiler and the center portion of the 19-inch aluminum wheels black in order to give the sedan a more sinister appearance.
The treatment continues inside with black leather upholstery, stainless steel door dills adorned by the Impala logo and a sport pedal kit. The Bowtie has not made any mechanical modifications, meaning the Impala Blacked Out concept packs a naturally-aspirated 3.6-liter V6 engine rated at 305 horsepower and 264 lb-ft. of twist.
Chevrolet explains the concepts were built using existing accessories that are available either through the factory or as dealer-installed add-ons.
- Sexy at 70: Porsche’s limited-edition 911 Speedster gets green light for 2019
- Adventurous and electric, Porsche’s second electric car will fill a new niche
- The past, present, and future collide in Mercedes’ EQ Silver Arrow concept
- Porsche’s all-electric Taycan sedan will cost less than a Panamera
- Audi funnels its racing heritage into an electric supercar concept