The guys at Hennessey might be the hardest working tuners in the industry. While some tuning houses put out a new, impressive product once or twice a year, Hennessey produces a new, pavement-pounding creation every few days.
For that, I am very thankful.
This time, Hennessey isn’t tearing up land speed records, like it did with its Venon GT at Kennedy Space Center. Instead, it’s simply tearing up tires at the drag strip with its HPE1000-equipped Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Not surprisingly, this tuned Camaro creates 1000-horsepower thanks to the addition of twin turbochargers to the already uproarious Chevy small block V8.
Capable of a quarter-mile run in 10.65-second quarter-mile time – at 135.38 mph – this Camaro is so powerful, it’ll probably regrow your hair … at least the back bit, as I am sure this thing just makes mullets out of thin air.
I hope whomever buys this thing has a friend with a rubber plantation, because, boy, they’re going to blow through tires like nobody’s business.
- Miles of music: The 55 best songs about cars, driving, and road trips
- Get your road or mountain bike ride-ready with our top-notch tuning guide
- Muuselab keeps kids off smartphones by creating the Jooki jukebox
- Oculus Rift re-enters virtual space after bad software caused a global blackout
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows