Some cars are so improbable that, like Bigfoot, video evidence is required to confirm their existence. With a claimed 5,000 horsepower and top speed of 348 mph, the Devel Sixteen is one of those cars.
This clip dug up by Motor Authority at least proves that it can move under its own power, and that the whatever engine is lodged under that Pagani Zonda-meets-Batmobile bodywork sounds really good.
Does it sound like it produces 5,000 hp, though?
When it was unveiled at the Dubai Motor Show last year, the Sixteen’s creators claimed the car was packing a quad-turbocharged V16 engine, just like the Bugatti Veyron whose speed record it would hypothetically obliterate.
In addition to a claimed top speed of 348 mph, the Devel Sixteen can supposedly warp from 0 to 60 mph in 1.8 seconds, which is probably fast enough to cause damage to human organs.
It doesn’t look like anyone will get a chance to risk their organs and verify Devel’s claims, as it still hasn’t given any indication that it will put this cartoon supercar into production.
- The best compact cars you can buy
- Tesla Roadster rival? Aspark makes big claim about its Owl electric supercar
- Demon-slaying Hennessey Exorcist Camaro hits top speed of 217 mph
- Lotus’ latest Exige special edition pays tribute to a classic Formula One car
- Spring cleaning for your PC: How to tame the tangle of wires under your desk