Some cars are so improbable that, like Bigfoot, video evidence is required to confirm their existence. With a claimed 5,000 horsepower and top speed of 348 mph, the Devel Sixteen is one of those cars.
This clip dug up by Motor Authority at least proves that it can move under its own power, and that the whatever engine is lodged under that Pagani Zonda-meets-Batmobile bodywork sounds really good.
Does it sound like it produces 5,000 hp, though?
When it was unveiled at the Dubai Motor Show last year, the Sixteen’s creators claimed the car was packing a quad-turbocharged V16 engine, just like the Bugatti Veyron whose speed record it would hypothetically obliterate.
In addition to a claimed top speed of 348 mph, the Devel Sixteen can supposedly warp from 0 to 60 mph in 1.8 seconds, which is probably fast enough to cause damage to human organs.
It doesn’t look like anyone will get a chance to risk their organs and verify Devel’s claims, as it still hasn’t given any indication that it will put this cartoon supercar into production.
- 2019 Fiat 500 Abarth first drive review
- Bloodhound’s plan to build a 1,000-mph car has run out of gas
- Tread lightly in Bollinger’s ruggedly cool electric pickup truck
- 2019 BMW i3 electric car gets a bigger battery pack, range boost
- Vayyar’s in-car breath sensor can save you and your kids from senseless tragedy