Dubai is an interesting place for a whole host of reasons. Our favorite oddity in the desert oasis, however, has to be its police pursuit vehicle fleet, which includes a Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT, and a Bentley Continental GT.
Now they’ve one-upped themselves and added a 750 horsepower, 7.3-liter V12-powered Aston Martin One-77 supercar to the fleet. The One-77 is extremely rare to begin with but this one takes the cake. The Dubai police department’s One-77 is from the Q-Series of which only seven were built, according to GTSpirit.
Why do cops in Dubai need such high-powered vehicles? The oil-rich United Arab Emirates is home to some of the world’s most expensive, fastest, and rarest cars. In order to compete with the horsepower-heavy daily drivers on the road, the police department had to invest heavily.
We’re absolutely tickled with the purchasing power of the Dubai police department and wish municipalities in the U.S. could afford the same (but don’t count on it).
If it were our money, though, we’d go with less luxury and more raw power for our “police cars.” We’d love to see a Lamborghini Veneno, a Koenigsegg Agera R, and maybe just for some lunacy a Pagani Huayra in the fleet as well.
What cars would you like to see the Dubai police department purchase next and why? Tell us in the comment section below.
Photo credit: Dubai Police
- 2019 Porsche Panamera GTS first drive review
- Nissan and Italdesign’s GT-R50 concept will become a $1.1 million reality
- With lessons learned from racing, Mercedes-AMG takes GT R sports car to next level
- 2020 Kia Forte GT gets dash of sportiness to make daily commuting more exciting
- 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT offers brains and brawn in a sumptuous package