The video features many of Dubai’s exotic police cars, in green-and-white livery with lights flashing, cruising the streets of the city. Highlights include a Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GT-R, and even a Brabus-tuned Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
Of course, the Dubai cops didn’t shell out $1 million for a Veyron just to hand out speeding tickets.
Reportedly worth around $6.5 million, the Dubai Police supercar fleet is used for public relations. It’s a great way for the police to attract positive public attention, and to promote Dubai.
It’s hard to fault that logic, considering all of the attention these cars get from all over the world.
It’s also too bad other police departments don’t have the money to show off with lavish supercar fleets of their own. That’s not a very responsible use of taxpayer money, after all, no matter how cool a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. with police lights looks.
- The most expensive cars in the world
- The fastest cars in the world
- 15 awesome flying taxis and cars currently in development
- The best Top Gear episodes of all time
- What is a hybrid car, and how does it work? We’ve got the answers