The Dubai Police isn’t shy about flaunting its fleet of supercars, and it’s at it again with a video appropriately tagged “luxurious super patrol cars for a luxurious city.”
The video features many of Dubai’s exotic police cars, in green-and-white livery with lights flashing, cruising the streets of the city. Highlights include a Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GT-R, and even a Brabus-tuned Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
Of course, the Dubai cops didn’t shell out $1 million for a Veyron just to hand out speeding tickets.
Reportedly worth around $6.5 million, the Dubai Police supercar fleet is used for public relations. It’s a great way for the police to attract positive public attention, and to promote Dubai.
It’s hard to fault that logic, considering all of the attention these cars get from all over the world.
It’s also too bad other police departments don’t have the money to show off with lavish supercar fleets of their own. That’s not a very responsible use of taxpayer money, after all, no matter how cool a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. with police lights looks.
- Like it or not, camera-equipped police drones will soon patrol the skies
- The most expensive cars in the world
- A single police drone has seriously impacted crime in a Mexican city
- Police blame Tesla crash on distracted driving, not tech, though questions remain
- Tesla crashes into parked police car in California; driver says Autopilot was on