If you didn’t know the coolest police cars in the world reside in Dubai, you probably haven’t been on the Internet lately.
The Dubai Police isn’t shy about flaunting its fleet of supercars, and it’s at it again with a video appropriately tagged “luxurious super patrol cars for a luxurious city.”
The video features many of Dubai’s exotic police cars, in green-and-white livery with lights flashing, cruising the streets of the city. Highlights include a Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GT-R, and even a Brabus-tuned Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
Of course, the Dubai cops didn’t shell out $1 million for a Veyron just to hand out speeding tickets.
Reportedly worth around $6.5 million, the Dubai Police supercar fleet is used for public relations. It’s a great way for the police to attract positive public attention, and to promote Dubai.
It’s hard to fault that logic, considering all of the attention these cars get from all over the world.
It’s also too bad other police departments don’t have the money to show off with lavish supercar fleets of their own. That’s not a very responsible use of taxpayer money, after all, no matter how cool a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. with police lights looks.
- Here is our list of the most expensive cars in the world
- Elon Musk calls Swiss police ‘smart’ for adopting Tesla Model X SUVs
- Hold on to your butts: These are the fastest cars in the world
- Welsh police force is first in U.K to use virtual reality to train its officers
- iPhones are on the beat in the Big Apple as NYPD begins rollout of new devices