You’d think that if any automaker could be exempt from the need to release teasers before an auto show, it’d be Ferrari. It’s not like we aren’t already excited for whatever they’ll reveal. Nevertheless, the famous Italian automaker has released teasers for a vehicle they plan to announce tomorrow.
Individually titled, the images state the focus of the new car will be “design, passion and Performance,” indicating little from the images themselves. Word around the water cooler is that tomorrow’s pre-Geneva Auto Show unveiling will be for the Ferrari 458M. This variant of the 458 Italia is rumored to inherit the 3.9-liter turbo V8 found in the California T. This will give the 458M an output of 670 horsepower, about 100 more than what the current 458’s naturally-aspirated 4.5-liter powerplant can muster.
Photos of test mules alluding to a new 458 have been circling the internet for some time, showing a front fascia redesigned for more intake, as well as a few changes in the head and tail lights. Dual tailpipes seem to be replacing the centered exhaust trio that the current car sports, and the diffuser has in turn been modified along with this change.
Mercifully, we won’t have to wait very long at all to see what Ferrari has up its sleeve. The teasers implore us to discover the passion, design, and performance tomorrow, and we certainly won’t be passing up that invitation.
- Boutique carmaker Karma Automotive, legendary design firm Pininfarina team up
- Karma Automotive continues clawing back from the brink with three new cars
- Subaru is bringing the new special-edition WRX STI S209 to the U.S.
- Alfa Romeo’s latest Ferrari-powered F1 race car is ready to hit the track
- The 2019 Geneva Auto Show, where electrification, tech, and performance collide