Debuting this week at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, the concept is based on the off-road-ready Renegade Trailhawk, but features several noteworthy styling and equipment upgrades.
That lens flare-inducing “Brushed Steel” finish is supposed to evoke “cutting edge aviation and marine technology.” It’s contrasted by copious matte black trim.
Jeep didn’t provide any photos of the interior, but apparently it’s the same story. It features lead-colored leather with gray stitching, and the same Brushed Steel finish on the vents, shifter, glovebox, and speakers.
Then there’s that trailer.
It’s rear-end styling mimics the Renegade’s and packs a Wi-Fi hotspot and oversized display screen meant to show off the features of the Uconnect infotainment system available on regular versions of the Renegade.
The in-car screen is obviously a bit smaller at 5 to 6.5 inches, but the system includes options for music streaming, navigation, hands-free phone use, and telematics.
Jeep hasn’t disclosed any plans to sell the Renegade trailer to customers, but it could be a neat addition for hauling extra gear on long road trips, especially if Jeep offers it in that same metallic finish.
- Esports boot camp means battling stress, sweat, and homesickness for gaming glory
- The biggest production and concept car debuts at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Muscle cars, trucks, and EVs roared into the subdued 2019 Detroit Auto Show
- The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is the convertible pickup truck of your dreams
- The fastest cars in the world