The Jeep Renegade Hard Steel concept is a bit of a contradiction. Its name and metallic finish say “macho,” but the matching trailer says “adorable.”
Debuting this week at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, the concept is based on the off-road-ready Renegade Trailhawk, but features several noteworthy styling and equipment upgrades.
That lens flare-inducing “Brushed Steel” finish is supposed to evoke “cutting edge aviation and marine technology.” It’s contrasted by copious matte black trim.
Jeep didn’t provide any photos of the interior, but apparently it’s the same story. It features lead-colored leather with gray stitching, and the same Brushed Steel finish on the vents, shifter, glovebox, and speakers.
Then there’s that trailer.
It’s rear-end styling mimics the Renegade’s and packs a Wi-Fi hotspot and oversized display screen meant to show off the features of the Uconnect infotainment system available on regular versions of the Renegade.
The in-car screen is obviously a bit smaller at 5 to 6.5 inches, but the system includes options for music streaming, navigation, hands-free phone use, and telematics.
Jeep hasn’t disclosed any plans to sell the Renegade trailer to customers, but it could be a neat addition for hauling extra gear on long road trips, especially if Jeep offers it in that same metallic finish.
- Geneva 2018: What we saw from Audi, BMW, Porsche, and more
- Trucks, muscle, and futurism: 7 Detroit Auto Show rides we can’t wait to drive
- When a movie isn’t enough, the best shows on Netflix will keep you busy for days
- Detroit Auto Show may bow to pressure, move to October
- Infiniti Q Inspiration concept aims for efficiency, connectivity, and autonomy