The name “Raptor” has never been applied to a more appropriate vehicle.
Ford and Ken Block’s Hoonigan Racing are responsible for this creation; an F-150 SVT Raptor that’s been transformed into “the world’s fastest snowcat.” It’s called RaptorTRAX.
Block has won much Internet glory doing insane things with cars, and the RaptorTRAX just might be his most insane undertaking ever. Like Block’s previous Subaru-based TRAX STI, this apocalyptic vehicle boasts a set of tank-like tracks instead of wheels.
What would one do with such a vehicle? Invade a small country? Fight off a horde of zombies? Or perhaps it’s just for getting to the top of a mountain when the chair lift is busted.
Power comes from a 6.2-liter supercharged V8, and the truck is equipped with Recaro racing seats and a full roll cage for what will likely be some intense driving.
Block is known for making rally cars dance in his Gymkhana videos, and the RaptorTRAX will get to star in a video of its own, although it won’t be released until next winter, although perhaps the truck will be caught in the wild over the next couple of months like some kind of automotive Sasquatch.
Speaking of which, the RaptorTRAX just might be the ultimate vehicle for Bigfoot-hunting.
- Can’t afford a yacht? Get yourself a crazy tiny Rapid Whale Mini Boat instead
- Automate all the little stuff in your life with these awesome IFTTT recipes
- Make your phone awesome with these Samsung Galaxy S9 tips and tricks
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 has finally arrived — here’s everything you need to know
- Tricks of the trade: How to get free stuff on Amazon