We’ve known since last June that Swedish supercar maker Koenigsegg was planning a very wild car for 2014 debut. Early on, we learned it will likely have one horsepower for every kilo of weight, which lent the name One:1.
Expected to weigh 1,340 kilograms – and produce 1,340 horsepowers to match – it should run 0 to 248 mph in a spine-jellying 20 seconds.
Now word comes from The Wall Street Journal that the One:1 will debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month on March 4th. Before that, though, Koenigsegg has invited six lucky folks for a test drive on February 26th. Where is the test drive being held? Probably in a hollowed-out volcano or at the bottom of the ocean in a Sea Lab fit for a billionaire.
What kind of person would want a car as mental as the One:1? Likely someone who thinks the Bugatti Veyron is too slow and the Pagani Huayra is too ponce-y. Really, the One:1 is for a man who wants to know what his molars taste like, as they fall down his throat like Chiclets at full throttle.
We’ll be all over this story, so as soon as we learn more, we’ll be sure to bring it to you. So check back often.
- Fortnite season 6, week 1 challenges: Dance under different streetlight spotlights
- Acer Chromebook Spin 15 vs. Acer Aspire E 15
- When tech goes wrong: Banksy’s shredder was meant to totally destroy his artwork
- Get instant savings on the Instant Pot, now $60 off
- 600-hp, $155K Polestar 1 is the alluring Volvo coupe you’ve been waiting for