Estre’s lap in McLaren’s 12C GT3 was 6 seconds faster than the previous lap record in that racing category. Unfortunately, none of Doerr Motorsport’s 12C cars completed the race.
McLaren has decided to focus on the positive, however, and has revealed the 650S Spider Nurburgring 12H Edition (which would have been developed sooner if not for higher priority projects like the 570S introduction).
The 24H Edition 650S Spider will be limited to just eight units, each with Doerr Motorsport wheels and exhaust, MSO (McLaren Special Operations) carbon fiber rear diffuser, side blades, and front splitter, orange brake calipers, special lap time plaques, MSO’s carbon fiber interior package, Alcantara black seats, and orange stitching and seat belts. It’s unclear if all eight models will be produced in the same white exterior color as pictured.
Under the hood, the 650S Spider’s 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine still produces 641 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque. Pricing for this ultra-exclusive special edition has not yet been announced, but considering the changes are mostly part of Mclaren’s Special Operations customization packages, don’t expect a massive premium over the standard 650S Spider.
- 2019 Toyota 86 TRD Special Edition plays catch-up to its Subaru sibling
- 488 Pista Piloti Ferrari is a special edition for Ferrari customers who race
- Less weight and more power make McLaren’s 600LT the perfect track toy
- 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt first drive review
- Xiaomi has made the cutest, most beautiful special edition phone you’ll see