The video features the Sports series vehicle in full camo during winter testing, carving a line in the snow, which will hopefully be at least on its way out in time for the New York show.
While details are understandably scarce, what we do know is that the Sports series will complete the three-tier range strategy, bringing McLaren engineering and performance into a more accessible market. It will house a mid-mounted V8, most likely a version of the 3.8-liter engine shared across the model classes. This will be built on top of a carbon fiber chassis and, from what we’ve seen in the video, will sport a look in line with the other McLaren vehicles.
The Sports series is intended to be the “entry level” category for the automaker, intended to take on cars like the Porsche 911 and allowing the company to be slightly more prolific.
We still have plenty of McLaren goodness fresh from Geneva to tide us over for a while, so the wait of a few weeks until the New York Auto Show won’t be too unbearable.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel series finds a director and new cast members
- Subaru is bringing the new special-edition WRX STI S209 to the U.S.
- ‘Pacific Rim’ and ‘Altered Carbon’ anime series headed to Netflix
- Vizio shakes up its TV lineup, including blazingly bright P-Series Quantum X
- ‘The Orville’ season 2 gets a new, drama-heavy teaser trailer