Infiniti’s Emerg-E has been making the rounds on the Internet for a while now. First, we got some teaser images from Infiniti last month. Shortly after that, patent renders leaked out of a European patent database. Now, it looks like some official photos have finally broken out on the Web ahead of the Emerg-E’s official Geneva debut — and, needless to say, we’re impressed.
Despite all the leaks, full details on Infiniti’s sporty concept have been pretty scarce. In regards to the Emerg-E, Infiniti has said little other than that its “advanced sports-car concept” would be an electric car, but the company also hinted at the possibility of the Emerg-E being a hybrid. And based on what we have seen so far, the latter seems to be the case. The Emerg-E is said to feature a range-extending drivetrain with an electric motor and 1.2-liter mid-mounted gasoline engine.
By the looks of the images, we are seeing Infiniti isn’t pulling any punches with the Emerg-E’s aggressive and curvaceous design. The sporty green concept looks to compete — style-wise, at least — with the likes of Ferrari’s 458, Lexus’ LFA, and Audi’s R8, although it will be hard to know for sure until we get some official numbers from Infiniti. Still, the Emerg-E certainly is a head-turner – we only hope it can compete just as well on the road as it looks to do on the showroom.
[Images via: Carscoop]
- Pricing leaks for Intel’s upcoming 8th-generation processors
- One of the best TVs you can buy comes out May 1, and it’s shockingly affordable
- We’re getting our first look at the all-new 2020 Chevy Silverado
- Protect your tiny titan with the best Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact cases
- The best keyboards for Android that will help you type efficiently in 2018