Police are now confirming that Paul Walker, 40, star of the Fast and Furious film franchise, died in a car crash in Valencia, California at 3:30 PM Saturday.
Walker was reportedly the passenger in a friend’s red Porsche that lost control and crashed. Police found the vehicle engulfed in flamed and both Walker and the driver were pronounced dead at the scene, according to CNN.
Walker and the driver of the car were attending a charity event being held to benefit the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
The cause of the crash has not yet been stated and is currently under investigation.
The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Digital Trends goes out to Walker’s family, friends, and fans.
As soon as any more information is learned surrounding the cause of the crash and Walker’s untimely death, we’ll be sure to update you.(Main photo credit: fanpop)
- Do three generations unite in the first ‘Shaft’ trailer? You’re damn right
- These are the best movies on Hulu right now (March 2019)
- Flying observatory discovers role of stellar winds in star formation
- Here’s how to watch Star Wars online, so The Force will always be with you
- Netflix’s ‘Daredevil’ is dead, but star Charlie Cox wants Disney to resurrect it