Police are now confirming that Paul Walker, 40, star of the Fast and Furious film franchise, died in a car crash in Valencia, California at 3:30 PM Saturday.
Walker was reportedly the passenger in a friend’s red Porsche that lost control and crashed. Police found the vehicle engulfed in flamed and both Walker and the driver were pronounced dead at the scene, according to CNN.
Walker and the driver of the car were attending a charity event being held to benefit the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
The cause of the crash has not yet been stated and is currently under investigation.
The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Digital Trends goes out to Walker’s family, friends, and fans.
As soon as any more information is learned surrounding the cause of the crash and Walker’s untimely death, we’ll be sure to update you.(Main photo credit: fanpop)
- Ex-Apple employee pleads guilty to nabbing Apple Car secrets
- A weird thing just happened with a fleet of autonomous cars
- Officers confused as they pull over an empty self-driving car
- How to defog the windows in your car
- Connected-car pioneer LoJack will shut down on March 15