At the assembly plant in Zuffenhausen, Germany, a team at Porsche put together the hyper hybrid by hand. Everything from the door upholstery being fitted to the door panels to the components of the 4.6-liter V8 engine coming together is done this way.
It’s all incredibly clean as well, no dingy, grease-covered factory. Here, the white-gloved engineers combine carbon fiber shells with electric motors in a pristinely white environment. It looks like what an auto shop would be like on the Cloud City in The Empire Strikes Back.
The end result is a wonderful composition of automobile, a hybrid sports car that has 608 horsepower on tap from just its V8, which combines with two electric motors to deliver a whopping 887 hp at maximum output. The $845,000 Porsche uses all this power to launch from 0 to 60 in under three seconds, capable of climbing to speeds upwards of 211 mph.
We’ll give you this head’s up: as intriguing as the video is, there’s no music and barely any sounds in the video as the stalwart assembly personnel go about building Spyder no. 904 for some lucky car collector. We’ve found that queuing up the theme to The Office to run along side it works amazingly well.
- The best movies on Amazon Prime right now (October 2018)
- YouTube videos are now even bigger on desktop — so why are users complaining?
- IGTV is sweet — but you probably don’t need the dedicated app. Here’s why
- The best vlogging cameras of 2018
- Finally, you can get Google Assistant to make a Duo video call for you