The R.S.01 is powered by the same 3.8-liter six-cylinder engine that’s found in the Nissan GT-R. It’s capable of producing between 500 to 550 horsepower as well as more than 440 pound-feet of torque. Power from the mid-mounted engine is transferred to the rear wheels via a seven-speed sequential gearbox.
That striking exterior isn’t just about looks either. Renaults newest racer has the same aerodynamic performance of an open-wheel single seater, providing 1.7 metric tons of downforce at its 186 mph top speed.
As the video also explains, the R.S01 is a small part of a larger effort to get more people racing. Its bespoke trophy series is a sort of gateway for Pro-Am customer teams to get into other series, like the Japanese Super GT or the World Endurance Championship. We’ll see the R.S.01’s inaugural series this year, so until then, enjoy the video and dream motorsport dreams.
- The fastest cars in the world
- Infiniti is using Formula One racing to hone its hybrid skills
- Fast and Furious fans get revved up: Toyota’s Supra sports car is back
- Hyundai’s Veloster N hot hatchback will prove its mettle on the track
- With lessons learned from racing, Mercedes-AMG takes GT R sports car to next level