Would you pay $505 for a 90-minute taxi ride? How about if it was in a Lamborghini Huracan? The U.K. now has its first supercar taxi, in Wolverhampton, according to a report in International Business Times. The minimum fare is 349 British pounds for 90 minutes, or the equivalent of $505 U.S.
I haven’t been to Wolverhampton, a city of about 250,000 in the West Midlands, England. My impression is the streets and roads in and around Wolverhampton may not be the greatest places to step on the accelerator in a car that will top out over 200 mph. The car’s 5-liter engine and $260K price tag also aren’t what you normally expect in a taxi.
Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and even a Porsche Spider are among the police fleet in Dubai, but on the streets of a busy English city, this Lambo is clearly an unexpected sight.
Wolverhampton’s council has given the Huracan’s owner a private-hire car license. Hopefully, there are enough people who want a once-in-a-lifetime ride in a very fast, extremely flashy car to make the expense worth it. Or then again, perhaps the purpose is to have a breathtaking car to park with impunity in taxi parking spots.
- 200-mph Lamborghini Huracan Evo gets full Amazon Alexa integration
- 2020 Lamborghini Huracán Evo Spyder review
- How did this Lamborghini Huracan end up ‘parked’ beneath a Honda Civic?
- Is this Lamborghini Huracan the fastest camera car in the world?
- Lamborghini delivers a Huracan to Italian police for an important mission