ATI Technologies today unveiled a new notebook gaming focused GPU. The new ATI Mobility Radeon X1800 series will begin appearing in notebooks from manufacturers such as Alienware, Boxx, Eurocom, Fujitsu Siemens Computers, Hypersonic, rock, Savrow and Voodoo PC immediately.
The ATI Mobility Radeon X1800 series, said ATI, has new on board technology for enhanced video playback. Other features of this new GPU include new ultra-threaded 3D architecture and ring bus memory controller, fast 3D image quality and full support of Catalyst Mobility to provide access to the latest Catalyst driver support.
“The fact that ATI has had over 70 per cent of the mobile discrete market share for 11 consecutive quarters reflects our commitment to pushing the mobile technology envelope,” said David Cummings, Director of ATI’s Mobile Business Unit, in a statement. “Being a leader is more than just about having the fastest graphics. It’s about delivering advanced performance features that are unique to ATI-such as our ability to support high dynamic range rendering with anti-aliasing at the same time in our Mobility Radeon X1800 series of graphics processors.”
- Intel promises its new CPUs will match Nvidia’s potent GTX 1060, thanks to AMD
- AMD’s Mark Papermaster on why its collab with Intel is good for Radeon fans
- AMD announces two new VPs of Radeon graphics, filling void left by Raja Koduri
- Intel’s ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC packs gaming hardware into just 1.2 liters
- Lenovo’s updated ThinkPads include T480s with Nvidia MX150, affordable X-Series