Managing multiple accounts is a pain, but the devs at Dropbox just announced that there is now a simpler way to switch between your work stuff and your personal files when using the popular cloud service.
The announcement, made via the official Dropbox blog, reveals that you’ll soon be able to connect your Dropbox for Business and regular Dropbox accounts together. By doing so, you’ll gain the ability to access files from each account using a single app.
Don’t worry though. Dropbox ensures that your work and personal files will be kept separately from each other, despite the fact that you’ll be able to tap into the content of both accounts. The company says that with this move, “it’ll be like having your house keys and your work keycard on the same keychain.”
Here’s how Dropbox explains the update.
“But this is about more than having two places for all your stuff. Take the mobile app — once you connect your Dropboxes, you’ll be able to get to both Dropbox folders from the same Files tab. Dropbox is also smart about making sure your stuff goes where it’s supposed to. For example, photos you add via Camera Upload will instantly show up in the Photos tab, but they’ll stay for your eyes only.”
The update will be rolled out to Dropbox for Business users “starting this month.” Hooray for convenience!
- Bags with brains: Smart luggage and gadgets are making travel smoother
- Kids hijacking your Netflix account? Here’s how to delete items
- The best vaporizers for flower and concentrates
- Back to the grind: How to quickly and easily clean your garbage disposal
- These 100 best iPhone apps will turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades