The December issue of Esquire Magazine is finally out and highlights new Augmented Reality technology. Special pages in this issue will feature what looks like a crossword puzzle barcode. Just install the software from Esquire’s website (available for either Mac or PC) and then once it’s activated you can hold the special issue up to the webcam to see a suedo-3D interactive show/feature from Robert Downey Jr. etc.
The whole technology show is pretty cool and gives a possible insight into the future of the magazine biz. Augmented Reality is the concept of overlaying computerized information, digital pop-up windows and/or virtual reality (VR) displays over real-world scenes and imagery.
Check out the video below to see how it works:
- Royal Caribbean turns to AR, VR to help visualize its new private island project
- View in Your Space by Lowe’s applies AR to your next home improvement project
- Apple AR glasses: News and rumors about ‘Project Mirrorshades’
- Sotheby’s is making homebuying immersive with AR app Curate
- Facebook brings AR features to ‘Ready Player One,’ ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ posters