Other World Computing, a manufacturer of Mac related accessories, today announced an updated version of their Mercury Pro external DVD/CD burner. The Mercury Pro DVR-111 is priced at $129.99 and available now.
The Mercury Pro DVR-111, said Other World Computing, features up to 16x DVD, 8x Dual Layer DVD and 40x CD burning speeds and includes both USB 2.0 and FireWire 400 interfaces. This external drive also reportedly offers high-speed read/playback of a variety of CD and DVD formats including DVD-RAM and supports burning of up to 8.5GB of data per disc.
“Today’s DVD and CD performance technology is exciting and the external Mercury Pro DVR-111 gives you immediate plug-and-play access with new levels of quiet speed at an incredible price,” said Other World Computing CEO Larry O’Connor in a statement.
- Support for external graphics on MacOS finally arrives, but on select devices
- How to convert your VHS tapes to DVD, Blu-ray, or digital file
- The Mercury jacket from Ministry of Supply claims to heat up automatically
- With a new app for Tizen-powered Samsung TVs, Tablo now supports most smart TVs
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?