Plextor yesterday announced the availability of a new line of 16X DVD+/-R/RW CD-R/RW drives which also support DVD-RAM. The PX-750 series, consisting of the internal PX-750A ($89) and external PX-750UF ($139), will be in stores by the end of the month.
The PX-750 series, said Plextor, is their first drive line up to support DVD-RAM functionality for removable data storage applications. The drives reportedly deliver recording speeds of 16X DVD+/-R on single-layer media, 8X DVD+/-R on Double-Layer and Dual-Layer (DL) media, and 5X DVD-RAM. The drives also support 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 16X max DVD-ROM, 40X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, and 40X max CD-ROM. DVD+/-VR is supported for direct disc recording.
The internal PX-750A features an E-IDE (ATAPI) interface for integration with Microsoft Windows 2000/XP-based PCs. A drive length of 6.69
- Want to save your favorite film? Here’s how to fix a scratched DVD or CD
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- A stamp-sized piece of this nanofilm can store more data than 200 DVDs
- Amazon is selling Star Wars and Marvel DVDs — but only to Prime members
- The Life and Times of the Late, Great CD