The new RCA Akimbo Player is capable of storing more than 100 hours of programming and is now available for a pre-order price of $179.99 from Akimbo’s website. When the new player makes its official debut in mid-October, the price will jump to $199.99 with a $9.99 per month service fee.
The Akimbo Service provides access to more than 13,000 titles including major channels such as Digital Trends, BBC, The Food Network, HGTV, Major League Baseball and more.
“Now anyone can have an unrivaled video entertainment experience using the RCA Akimbo Player to draw great movies and TV shows from the Internet to their televisions,” said Joshua Goldman, CEO of Akimbo. “The unsurpassed collections of Movielink and Akimbo provide a tremendous variety of high quality programming that can be watched at your convenience. To put it simply, this is a completely new way to be entertained in the comfort of the living room.”
The new player, co-developed by RCA will feature S-Video and composite video connections as well as optical and coaxial digital audio connections and USB 2.0 ports so that you can add a 802.11g wireless network adapter. At this time, HDTV programming is not currently available.
- The best portable power stations
- GoPro Hero 9 at Lowest-Ever Price for Black Friday
- Why are so few people actually using 5G in the U.S.? Here’s what the experts say
- Three things the Microsoft Surface Duo 2 needs to succeed
- Apple iPhone 13 buying guide: Release date, price, specs — everything we know