Altec Lansing, a maker of consumer and professional speaker systems, last week unveiled what they are calling the SUV of portable iPod speakers. The new inMotion iM9 portable speaker system is priced at $199.95 and available now.
The inMotion iM9, said Altec Lansing, is the latest addition to the company’s line up of inMotion portable audio products. About the size of a lunch box, the iM9 reportedly has a hardy shell and rugged design so it can be used outdoors by those who live active lifestyles. It fits, syncs and charges all dockable iPods and can link iPod video and iPod photo players to a TV set.
Other features of the iM9 include an auxiliary audio input so it can support non Apple MP3 players or other portable audio devices, a backpack-style carrying case, a rear kick stand, dual 2-3/4â€ drives and 1â€ tweeters, enhanced bass, a built-in handle and the ability to be powered by an AC adapter or batteries.
- Google could soon let you sync smartphones for music playback
- Demystify home audio with our ultimate A/V receiver buying guide
- Tivoli ushers in the spring with its new limited-edition Bluetooth speakers
- Apple AirPlay 2.0: Everything you need to know
- Astro and Nintendo partner to make special Switch headset