Audio gear maker Audio-Technica is looking to step up its game in the consumer headphone arena, announcing that its new ATH-ANC23 QuietPoint active noise-canceling earbuds are now available online and via retailers. The ATH-ANC23’s feature an inline volume control that can be used with any sound source, along with active noise cancellation circuitry that generates interference to block out background noise so users can enjoy their music without blasting their heads apart. The earbuds also feature “Comply Foam Tips” in small, medium, and large sizes that sport a patented memory foam design that comfortably seals off the ear canal to make the noise-cancellation technology more effective.
The ATH-ANC23’s noise-cancellation circuitry runs off a AAA battery that’s stored inline with the volume control, so users can keep their phones or media players safely tucked away in their pockets and still be able to control music volume. Audio-Technica says the noise cancellation technology can block out up to 90 percent of background sound, enabling users to focus more on their audio or other media. Audio-Technica also includes a carrying pouch and and airline adapter with the units.
The ATH-ANC23 earbuds carry a suggested retail price of $99.95, although they’ll be available from Audio-Technica directly for $79.95.
- 1More Dual Driver Lightning ANC earphones review
- Nuheara’s newest earbuds widen your choices for personalized hearing devices
- Plantronics Voyager 6200 UC wireless headphones will cure your noisy office woes
- Sony’s new fully wireless in-ears drown out the world while you break a sweat
- Award-winning, safety-focused KikaGo charging cable lets drivers go hands-free