When it comes to camera-equipped drones, it’s not all about shooting moving pictures. Those interested in the still frame, too, are becoming increasingly absorbed in the art of getting the most out of the flying machines, with the results of a new National Geographic-sponsored competition producing some stunning results.
Organized by drone photo site Dronestagram, the contest invited enthusiasts to send in their best images shot using an unmanned aerial vehicle.
The winning shot was a spectacular image comprising an eagle flying over a West Bali National Park in Indonesia, while other prizewinners included a striking aerial shot of Mexico’s Tamul Waterfall, and one snapped over Bulgaria’s Vasil Levski’s stadium as a soccer team celebrated its 100th anniversary.
- Honor View 20: Here’s everything we know
- Alphabet’s ‘Wing’ delivery drones are on their way to Europe
- Caavo’s Control Center puts itself at the center of your TV viewing experience
- Save up to $328 with Costco’s Surface Pro 6 Black Friday bundle for early birds
- World’s first drone-equipped motorcycle features a special space for the Spark