Drawing inspiration from the split-flap clocks of the mid-’60s, the quirky counter that debuted at CES 2015 manages to showcase a variety of different statistics on its seven-character display. Although the customizable counter tracks popular metrics regarding your business — i.e. your likes, subscriptions, and social media follows — it can also be programmed to showcase nearly any message you might want to convey once connected to the same network as your computer or smartphone.
You can easily program the counter to display the promotional price of a particular item, for instance, or advertise your store’s ongoing discount. It can display metrics up to 999,999 and additionally features 11 pre-installed logos for some of the more popular platforms you might utilize on the daily (Yelp, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), adding a bit of colorful flair to a product that’s rooted in the days of banana seats and Ouija boards.
FlapIt is currently slated for launch in April 2015, with a preorder price set at $300. Is the connected, rectangular device necessary? No. Is it a tad egotistic? Yes. Still, there’s no denying its appeal — that is, so long as your hallmark parfait is rated favorably.
- Here’s how Facebook taught its Portal A.I. to think like a Hollywood filmmaker
- These are the best photography portfolio websites for showing off your work
- Xbox One vs. PS4: Which console is king in 2018?
- Stay fit and save cash with our top 10 affordable Fitbit alternatives
- 5 tech trends to watch in 2019 (and a reality check on last year’s picks)