iSkin has launched its new Claro, a hard, clear polycarbonate case for Apple’s 30 GB fifth-generation video-capable iPods. The Claros combines a soft inner silicon layer to cushion and proect the iPod, while a hard polycarbonate outer layer keeps out dust and moisture while protecting the unit from impacts and those much-dreaded scratches.
The iSkin Claro offers a combined belt-clip and kickstand, combining portability with hands-free viewing and listening, and accommodates the iPod’s dock connector. iSkin is also offering separate “Claro slims” in packs of three colors: the Chill Pack will feature Ebony (black), Ghost (glow-in-the-dark white to blue) and Sonic (blue); the Cruise pack will feature Blush (pink), Blaze (red), and Prince (purple, of course) inserts.
Even as iPod cases go, the iSkin Claro is a little spendy: the Claro is priced at $39.99; the Claro slim packs are $24.99 each, and iSkin will also be happy to offer color-matched sets of its Cerluean XLR earphones during online purchase: a grand total could easily top $100.
- Implantable payment chips: The future, or cyberpunk pipe dream?
- The best budget laptops for 2022
- Finishing touch: How scientists are giving robots humanlike tactile senses
- The best Bluetooth trackers for 2022
- Analog A.I.? It sounds crazy, but it might be the future