TiVo and Verizon Wireless today announced TiVo Mobile, a mobile application which will enable TiVo subscribers to schedule DVR recordings from their Verizon mobile phone. The service is scheduled to become available in mid-2006, and pricing has not yet been announced. Verizon Wireless customers will be able to download the application to their phones from Verizon’s “Get It Now” service suite; once installed, the application will enable users to schedule recordings using the familiar TiVo user interface, as well as access related entertainment information.
“TiVo Mobile will add yet another unique benefit to the Verizon Wireless Get It Now service by allowing our subscribers to be the first mobile users anywhere to schedule television recordings on TiVo using their mobile handset,” said John Stratton, Verizon Wireless chief marketing officer. “As a powerful consumer entertainment brand, TiVo has the ability to help us attract consumers who value the leading multimedia capabilities Verizon Wireless offers.”
“This arrangement will allow the growing base of TiVo subscribers to integrate control of their TV life with the most widespread piece of consumer electronics, the wireless phone,” said Tom Rogers, CEO of TiVo.
Terms of the arrangement between Verizon and TiVo have not been released.
- How to mirror your smartphone or tablet on your TV
- Personalize your email by adding a signature to your Gmail account
- 5G is coming — here’s what to expect, and when to expect it on your carrier
- How to connect your PlayStation 4 to a smartphone or tablet
- Tooth-mounted sensors track your diet and health from inside your mouth