The TV Guide print edition is getting a new high tech column as it was announced today they would be penning a weekly entry about the best television shows available for download or online viewing. â€œDownloadsâ€ will premiere in the May 1 issue.
â€œDownloadsâ€, said TV Guide, will offer guidance and viewing information so viewers know where they can go on the Web to find the weekly highlighted programs. The initial column will highlight current television shows, such as this week’s episodes of Desperate Housewives and Lost, which are available for streaming from ABC or download from Apple’s iTunes.
“The digital age has sparked a ‘time shift/place shift’ phenomenon in television program viewing choices,” said Ian Birch, the magazine’s editor-in-chief, in a statement. “Today, we all have the ability to watch many of our favorite programs on our video iPods, or our personal computers. Since television programs are increasingly available and delivered to viewers in many different ways, we wanted to take the lead in providing our readers — all enthusiastic television viewers — the information they need to maximize their viewing experience, wherever that experience may take place.”
- Netflix is planning more interactive storytelling, starting with ‘Black Mirror’
- YouTube Premium on the rocks? Original series will be ad-supported in 2020
- The best Mac apps of 2018
- Here’s how to remove the background from an image
- With Premiere Elements’ new A.I. editor, you may finally finish that video project