Always the gentleman, Musk jumped on twitter to congratulate Bezos on his accomplishment… but what’s almost overlooked in this story is that this was Jeff Bezos’ first tweet! That’s easily the all time champ for best first tweet. What’d you do today, eh nothing just landed a rocket back on earth… maybe I should tweet about it. Yeah, no one’s topping that!
You’ve all seen cheap plastic Nerf dart guns, we’ve got dozens of these things floating around the DT offices and they’re pretty harmless. This on the other hand is the PM522 Washbear, a 3D-printed pepperbox revolver. It’s the world’s first repeating firearm printed on a consumer 3D printer, and it can fire off 8 rounds before needing a reload. Since some previous 3D printed firearms have been banned, designer James Patrick added in some steel rods so the firearm will comply with gun regulations. As of right now the blueprints for the gun are still available online, but Nerf… well they may have something to say about this as well.
- U.K. company sets a record for world’s largest 3D-printed rocket engine
- SpaceX BFR project: Everything you need to know including first flights
- Nerf Rival ‘Overwatch’ blasters offer form over function
- Blue Origin’s latest mission shows how space tourism might look
- The brief but building history of 3D printing