Do you really need an 8K TV in 2020? Many of today’s cheap 4K TVs will offer all of the resolution you’d ever need at a much lower price. But if you want the very best TV and the most beautiful screen in all the land, 8K can be pretty tempting — especially when there’s a Prime discount.
While there isn’t all that much 8K content to consume a the moment, it’s only a matter of time before more movies, sports broadcasts, and video games move beyond 4K. These televisions do come at a very high price point, but with the Best Buy Prime Day deals still going on they are getting enormous price cuts.
Best Buy 8K TV Deals Still Available
There are 4 sizes of Samsung 8K QLED TVs on sale right now. Though each of these models comes at a high price point, you get what you pay for. All of these TVs come with HDR10+ with a refresh rate of 120Hz. They also run on Samsung’s smart platform, Tizen, offering a connection to all of the main streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
With A.I. upscaling, these televisions make 4K look even better. So they can offer better resolution even when you aren’t streaming 8K content. If you don’t see something you like, you can take a look at more Prime Day TV deals.
- Samsung 55-inch Q900 Series 8K Smart TV — $2,000 ($500 off)
- Samsung 65-inch Q800T Series 8K Smart TV — $2,300 ($900 off)
- Samsung 75-inch Q900TS Series 8K Smart TV — $5,000 ($2,000 off)
- Samsung 85-inch Q900TS Series 8K Smart TV — $7,000 ($3,000 off)
- Samsung 85-inch Q950TS Series 8K Smart TV — $11,000 ($2,000 off)
Best Buy 4K TV Deals still on sale
If 8K TVs are out of your price range, the online retailer is also offering a variety of 4K TVs at pretty affordable prices. Take a look at our 4K TV buying guide and then dive into some of the discounts below.
- LG 55-inch CX Series OLED Smart TV — $1,600 ($200 off)
- Samsung 55-inch Q70T Series 4K Smart TV — $900 ($100 off)
- Toshiba 43-inch 4K Fire TV — $230 ($100 off)
- Sony 65-inch X900H Series 4K TV — $1,000 ($600 off)
When is the best time to buy a TV in 2020?
Whether you’re shopping online at Amazon, Walmart, or Best Buy, there are always deals going on. So if you’re in desperate need of a new TV, there’s never really a wrong time to buy. With technology advancing at such a rapid pace, many of the 4K TVs under $500 you see on the market are actually pretty good. That being said, there are a few times a year where you can find the lowest prices possible.
Amazon Prime Day
With all of the Prime Day sales going on, right now is one of the best times to buy. Historically, Amazon’s day of deals has always an excellent time to find discounts on brands like TCL, Toshiba, and LG. Since they are usually promoting their own smart devices, it’s a good time to snag a Fire TV for cheap.
You can also shop Walmart’s Prime Day sale, which is happening right now. It’s a great source of Vizio and JVC smart TVs.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday
These are your more traditional buying holidays, and arguably the absolute best time to buy any brand of TV. Considering Black Friday and Cyber Monday have pretty much melded into one super buying holiday at this point, it’s safe to assume the best TV discounts on OLED and LEDs will arrive on November 27 and continue through the following week.
Before the Superbowl
If you don’t see any prices you like in 2020(after Black Friday deals are gone), the January through February period of 2021 will be an excellent time to find TV discounts. While the Superbowl is the primary reason for the cheap prices, these dates also tend to coincide with the release of the latest models.
- Best Buy’s deal of the day is an 8K TV for less than you’d think
- This 55-inch Samsung 8K TV is now cheaper than some OLED TVs
- Best Buy has a 50-inch QLED 4K TV for $400, and it’s not a bad buy
- Our 5 favorite Memorial Day TV deals — from $198
- This Sony 55-inch OLED TV is $400 off in Best Buy’s Memorial Day sale