The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim hits shelves in November, but if you’re worried that you might forget to pick it up, you’re in luck. You’ll find a massive, hulking, and possibly frightening reminder when you show up at some retailers.
Elder Scrolls developer Bethesda recently posted a series of photos featuring a veritable army of bronzed Dragonborn statues that will be shipping out to shops around the world ahead of of the game’s November 11 release.
Of course, anyone who dropped by a game shop around the time when Fallout 3 was released will probably be familiar with the hulking presence of statues like this, as the developer points out. While it’s a nice touch, we’re not entirely sure the game needs this extra push, given the tremendous positive reaction to the game’s trailer and early previews.
Still, that doesn’t change the fact that there’s a certain level of intimidation that comes into play when you’re trying to decide which game to buy while a sword-wielding behemoth peers over your shoulder.
Well played, Bethesda… well played.
- ‘Doom’ Nintendo Switch update finally adds motion controls
- Start your 57th character when ‘Skyrim VR’ hits Rift and Vive this April
- Check out 30 of the best iPhone games you need to be playing
- Playing games on the Nintendo Switch is so nice, you’ll buy your games twice
- 12 great old games coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2018